The Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS) understands that skilled, dependable and productive employees are important to business success. As an agency dedicated to increasing employment opportunities to people with disabilities, DRS serves as a vital link in connecting employers with hiring needs to skilled and talented workers with disabilities who are actively seeking employment.
Through four Regional offices, 39 field offices, and a professional team of disability experts, DRS is positioned to help you Put Ability to Work!
- We are dedicated to helping companies increase their competitive advantage through promoting diversity in the workplace.
- We take a business-approach to effectively provide the right supports and resources employers need to meet today's workforce demands and to develop best-practice strategies that benefit both the company and its employees.
- We don't just match resumes to job descriptions, we make every effort to understand your specific hiring needs.
- We strive to develop long-term partnerships with our employers to ensure continued growth and success.
- We deliver a client-base consisting of diverse work skills, transferability skills, academic degrees, career interests and individual talents that are marketable for today's hiring demands.
- We specialize in disability-related issues such as ADA compliance, accessibility, and sensitivity training to guide businesses in successfully hiring, accommodating, and supporting employees with disabilities.
- We offer a statewide system of Workforce Networks, giving businesses (large and small) a NO-COST mechanism for presenting their recruitment needs across multiple workforce agencies.
- We acknowledge excellence when we see it! Through the Disability-Friendly Business Recognition Program, area employers are officially recognized for demonstrating disability-friendly practices at their place of business.
Call today and see how a partnership with DRS can work for you!